Why stay in West Milford, New Jersey?
- Close to NYC Public Transportation
- Close Proximity to NYC
- Local Events & Summer Air Show
- Historical Landmarks
- Horseback Riding
Interested in Learning to Fly?
Contact Sky Training, LLC
TSA Registration Requirement
All International Students must complete a Registration Form from the TSA. When registering with the TSA, list the course you wish to take. Expect a $95 fee.
A Note from our Staff
Sky Training, LLC has been training students since 2008 and is approved by SEVIS to issue the M-1 Training Visa. We have trained flight crew members that are now employed by airlines and corporate flights around the world. Our training syllabus, accommodation, and transportation are designed specifically for full-time international students. For more information or a personal quote, please call at (973) 728-1143
Requirements & Admission
U.S. Visa & TSA Process
Students not from the U.S. looking to attend Sky Training are required by law to obtain a M-1 Student Visa and complete the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements.
Go here and create a 'New Student Account'.
Fill our the required information fields and make sure it matches the information on your passport. Upon completion of your account, login and create a training request.
- If attending Sky Training for the commercial Pilot Program (or the Professional Pilot Program ), the first course you will take is course name “Initial”. The Course ID will be “01” for Private. The aircraft used in this training will be a Cessna 172. Please list all these aircraft in the training request.
- If you already have an FAA Private License and are seeking an advanced rating, please use course name “Instrument” and course ID “02” for Instrument Rating. The aircraft used in this training will be a Cessna 172 or Cessna 172RG. Please list all these aircraft in the training request.
- If you already have an FAA Instrument License and are seeking an advanced rating, please use course name “COM” and course ID “02” for Commercial.The aircraft used in this training will be a Cessna 172 and Cessna 172RG. Please list all these aircraft in the training request.
- If you already have an FAA Commercial License and are seeking an advanced rating, please use course name “CFI” and course ID “04” for Certified Flight Instructor.
Students not from the U.S. generally need a student Visa to train. Given events of the recent past, flight training is monitored especially closely. Give yourself ample time to apply for your Visa, complete the training application, and plan your stay near the Greenwood Lake Airport. We're here to help reassure you that the Visa application process is simple, and we will be sending you a detailed description on how to apply for an I-20 form and obtain your M-1 Student Visa along with your training application.
11 Easy Steps to Enroll
- Enroll online here
- Upload a copy of your Passport (PDF file)
- Receive an estimate from us
- Send us proof of sufficient funds (a bank statement, a copy of savings passbook, or a confirmation letter from your bank)
- You will be issued an I-20 Form for your Visa (required for step 6)
- Pay Sevis I-901 fee
- Fill out DS-160 Form online
- Schedule appointment for a personal interview with your local U.S. Embassy. Keep in mind, Consulate appointments may be available online.
- Take photo for Visa that meets all requirements
- Complete personal interview at U.S. Embassy or Consulate
- The Embassy/Consulate will mail you the M-1 Student Visa with your passport within a few days
Located just a half-hour away from Greenwood Lake Airport is an Extended Stay Hotel.